Large C/I customers face unique barriers including uncertain fuel pricing, freezes on capital spending, and more stringent corporate requirements for rate of return. To help our customers overcome these challenges, Minnesota Energy Resources has designed the C/I Turn-Key Efficiency Program. By taking advantage of this program, qualifying customers may be able to reduce monthly energy costs and shorten the payback period of new high-efficiency equipment and processes.
Customers who use 100,000 therms or greater of natural gas per year can receive the following program services at no charge:
- Introductory meeting with Minnesota Energy Resources program representatives to understand the program offerings and benefits,
- A mid-level engineering study completed by industry energy experts to identify quality energy efficiency opportunities, including a complete review of existing energy project proposals, and suggested strategies for implementation,
- Assistance with energy plan creation, project prioritization, execution, and access to applicable financial tools including local, state and federal resources, and
- Technical assistance throughout the project implementation process and post-study follow up.
Rebates are based on a combination of energy saved and project implementation cost. Rebates are awarded based on the lesser of,
- Project buy down to 1 year simple payback, or
- $1.00 per therm saved during the first year, or
- Full incremental cost
Contact your local Minnesota Energy Resources external relations manager today for information on how to participate!