Minnesota Energy Resources has delivered natural gas to Minnesota residents for more than 80 years.
How We've Grown
The company has grown over the decades through a series of acquisitions and growth in local communities. Below are some company milestones.
- Northern Natural Gas formed a division to serve the Rochester area.
- The division became an independent company, People's Natural Gas (PNG).
- PNG was acquired by the Aquila family of utilities and renamed Aquila-MN.
- Aquila-MN was acquired by WPS Resources Corporation (now Integrys Energy Group) and renamed Minnesota Energy Resources.
- Our appliance repair program was renamed ServiceChoice.
- We acquired Alliant Energy Corporation's natural gas distribution business in southeast Minnesota.
- Integrys Energy Group, Inc. and its operating companies were acquired and now do business as WEC Energy Group. Minnesota Energy Resources continues to operate as a separate utility under the new parent company.
Where We Serve
The scope and scale of the company's operations is unique. Minnesota Energy Resources covers 51 counties, and 184 communities. Our service area stretches from Canada to the Iowa border…And from the Dakotas to Wisconsin. We serve approximately 219,000 customers.