If you worked full- or part-time at some point in 2014, you may be eligible for the federal Earned Income Credit (EIC). Earned Income and adjusted gross income* (AGI) must each be less than:

  • $46,997 ($52,427 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children.
  • $43,756 ($49,186 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children.
  • $38,511 ($43,941 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child.
  • $14,590 ($20,020 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.

* Married income level implies joint filing.

Apply for Your EIC

Families with qualifying children in their home in 2014 should file federal tax return Forms 1040, 1040a or 1040EZ, and attach schedule EIC. Workers without qualifying children do not need to file the EIC form.

For more information, or to find out how to get your forms filled out for free, call the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 800-829-1040.

EIC Advance Payment

If you were raising a child in your home in 2014, you may also be able to boost each paycheck during the year with advance EIC. Get form W-5 from your employer or call 800-829-3676.

State EIC

If you qualify to claim EIC on your federal income tax return, you also may be eligible for a similar credit on your state or local income tax return.

For more information, you can also visit the Earned Income Tax Credit website.

WEC Energy Group