- 6 oz. pasta (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb. ham or hard salami, minced or julienned
- 1/2 – 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-type mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, whole black olives
Cook pasta until tender; rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly. Combine with remaining salad ingredients.
To make dressing, mix vinegar and mustard, then slowly whisk in olive oil. Stir in basil, salt and plenty of fresh pepper. Pour over salad, toss lightly and garnish.
Salad should be room temperature – not chilled.