- 1 eggplant (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, in 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup reduced-fat pasta sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Peel and slice eggplant in 1/2-inch thick slices.
Preheat oven. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
Coat eggplant slices with egg white, then bread crumbs. Arrange on prepared baking sheets; bake 30 minutes.
Turn slices over; bake, until browned on both sides, 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven; leave oven on.
Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce over bottom of 8x8 baking dish.
Arrange half the eggplant in a single layer over sauce; top with half of remaining sauce, then half the cheeses. Repeat layers.
Bake, covered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 30-40 minutes.
Weight Watchers Winning Points – 3 points per serving. 193 calories, 3g fat, 4.3 fiber.