- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Combine brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a 9x13 baking dish. Add butter, apples and cranberries. Toss to coat everything well. Spread evenly over bottom of dish. Arrange slices of bread on top.
Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Cover with buttered aluminum foil (won't stick to bread) and bake for 40 minutes.
Uncover and bake 5 minutes more.
Remove from oven and let it stand 5 minutes. Invert each piece on a warm plate.