- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can (6 oz.) small diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can (10 oz.) tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 can beer
- 1-1/2 lbs shrimp
Melt butter over medium heat. Combine spices and add them to butter. Turn heat to high and add diced tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are soft and start to dry out.
Add puree and Worcestershire; mix well and add beer.
When sauce is well heated, add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve over rice.