- 12 large manicotti shells
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped green basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 jar (26 oz.) prepared pasta sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Preheat oven. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
For filling: In medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta and basil. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
Spoon 2 cups pasta sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce.
Pour remaining pasta sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
15 + 10 minutes