When compared with other fuels, natural gas is usually the most economical choice. Replacing your electric appliances with natural gas may result in big savings on your energy bill.
|Average Annual Electric Cost||Average Annual Natural Gas Cost||Annual Savings*|
* Actual savings will vary based on weather, equipment efficiencies, lifestyle, habits and other factors.
- Based on average year-round residential customer.
- Based on actual 2012 Minnesota Energy Resources Gas Rates and Minnesota Electricity Profile 2010 from U.S. Department of Energy.
- Based on average use for a household of four.
- Water temperature set at 125 degrees; furnace set at 70°.
- Average equipment efficiencies: 95% Furnace, 85% Water Heater.
Why Most Customers Choose Natural Gas
Natural gas is one of the most versatile, dependable sources of energy available. Find out more about the benefits of natural gas.