About 30% of your home's energy use goes to heating systems. If your natural gas furnace is more than 10 years old, choose an ENERGY STAR® certified model and save.
- Skill Level: Basic (wall unit); Professional (central unit)
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label when shopping for a new natural natural gas furnace. And, be sure to work with a contractor who will provide an ENERGY STAR Quality Installation, which ensures proper equipment size, installation and performance.
- Cost Range: $2,300+
- Although purchasing ENERGY STAR certified models can be a bit more expensive up front, the cost difference is paid back over time through significantly lower energy bills.
- Savings: Up to $94 annually
- Qualified ENERGY STAR gas furnaces are about 16% more energy efficient than basic furnace models, and save an average of $94 in natural gas costs per year.