Cut energy bills and keep your home more comfortable by sealing your home with properly installed insulation of at least an R-38 insulating level. Air leaks not only make you uncomfortably chilly in winter, but they waste energy, too.
- Skill Level: Advanced to Professional
- Start with your attic, which is generally the most cost-effective place to add insulation. If your home still feels cold in winter, you may need to add insulation to your exterior walls, crawl space or basement.
- Cost Range: Varies
- If your home is poorly insulated, adding or upgrading insulation will pay for itself over time with lower energy bills.
- Savings: Up to 10% on annual energy costs
- Properly installed insulation is one of the best ways to increase comfort and overall energy performance.