Though a relatively costly upgrade, properly installed ENERGY STAR® windows can significantly improve your home's energy efficiency, allowing the sun to help heat your home and retaining that heat during the winter.
- Skill Level: Professional
- Work with a contractor to choose ENERGY STAR certified windows for energy savings and improved comfort. If you currently aren't in a position to replace existing windows, you still can improve efficiency by sealing gaps, adding storm windows and using window coverings that hold in heat.
- Cost Range: $150-$500 each + installation
- Homeowners have access to a wide variety of style, quality, and efficiency levels.
- Savings: $146-$501 a year when replacing single-pane windows
- Upgrading the energy-efficiency of your windows can cut your annual energy costs, while also protecting your interior from fading and reducing condensation that damages sills.