Appliance rebates ended Dec. 31, 2023. Information below is for rebate submission assistance only. All clothes washers and dishwashers installed after Dec. 31, 2023 will not be eligible for a rebate.
Up to 90% of the energy used by a washing machine is for heating the water, so washers that use less hot water use less energy.
We offer appliance rebates for ENERGY STAR® certified top- and front-loading clothes washers for customers with natural gas
water heaters. Since higher efficiency clothes washers wring more water out of the clothes, you'll also save on energy used
for drying. ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers cut energy and water consumption about a third compared to conventional washers.
If you have a dishwasher made before 1994, you may be paying an extra $40 a year on your utility bills compared to owning a new ENERGY STAR
certified model. Replace an old dishwasher with an ENERGY STAR model and save enough money to pay for dishwasher detergent all year.
If you heat your water with natural gas, you are eligible for an appliance rebate.
|ENERGY STAR certified
|ENERGY STAR certified
To ensure you receive your rebate:
- All clothes washers and dishwashers installed after Dec. 31, 2023, will not be eligible for a rebate.
- Applications received after the 60-day grace period, will not be eligible for a rebate.
- All online applications for appliances must be submitted via the portal no later than March 1, 2024.
- All paper applications for appliances must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2024.
- Questions? Call us at 866-872-0052, option 1,
Water heater must be fueled by natural gas to qualify. Equipment must be on the ENERGY STAR list to qualify.
How it works
- Purchase and install a qualifying appliance in your home.
- Apply and submit a rebate application online or download and mail a paper copy along with a copy of a dated invoice.
- Receive a rebate check within six weeks of a completed application.
Apply online or Download appliance rebate application
Check all rebate requirements on the application to ensure eligibility.
We must receive your application within 60 days of installation.
When applying online, have your 15-digit Minnesota Energy Resources account number where equipment was installed. Have an electronic copy of your original receipt or invoice that includes model and proof of purchase.
Funding is limited and can change or end at any time. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
866-872-0052, option 1
Trade ally tools
Residential and commercial rebates, trade ally tools and incentive programs
Sign up for program updates