Minnesota Energy Resources wants your bill to be as easy to read and understand as possible. To better understand your bill, view an explanation of the billing terms used on your monthly bill.
Just call our 24-Hour Customer Service center at 800-889-9508 for answers about your bill or service.
- Amount Now Due
Your amount due is plainly stated for your convenience.
- Breakdown of Your Charges
See how your current balance was calculated.
- Payment Stub
Return this portion of your bill with your bill payment in the envelope provided. Please write your account number on your check and make sure the return address shows through the window in the return envelope. Please don't fold your payment or attach it to the stub.
- Message Area
Each month this area includes important or helpful messages.
- Detailed Account Information
The back of your bill offers information such as your energy use, meter readings and other details.
Your monthly natural gas bill may vary from month to month or year to year. Many factors can affect your bill including:
- Seasonal Changes. Cold weather and reduced sunlight mean more energy is needed for heating, not only for the furnace but also for the water heater.
- Efficiency of Appliances. Older, less efficient appliances use more energy. Replacing them with high-efficiency units can significantly reduce your natural gas costs.
- Changes in Living Habits. Keeping guests comfortable during an extended winter stay can mean turning up the thermostat. Have you been washing more clothes or taking more baths or showers lately? Did that new gourmet cooking show prompt you to cook more often? These kinds of lifestyle changes can increase your natural gas use.
- Gas Cost Recovery. Natural gas rates are adjusted periodically because of increases and decreases in the prices charged by the companies that supply the gas we deliver to you. These changes are reflected on your bill as Gas Cost Recovery (GCR). We do not mark up the prices we pay these suppliers for the gas.
If you have any questions about your bill, please contact us.