If you are a customer of Minnesota Energy Resources and want to transport natural gas on our distribution system by appointing a marketer or broker as your agent, you must provide notice to our company. Notice must be provided by Aug. 1 in order to switch to transportation service by the upcoming Nov. 1.
The following steps must be completed in order to receive transportation services:
- Complete the notice of intent to switch natural gas rate schedules and return the form to us by Aug. 1.
- Complete the agent verification form and return to us by Aug. 1.
- (OPTIONAL) Complete the online profile request form to obtain Energy Information System access.
If you are looking for a marketer or broker, see our list of energy marketers and brokers.
Minnesota Energy Resources receives many requests from natural gas marketers and brokers for information about our customers' energy use. To serve our customers in the best way possible, we fill these requests based on the following standards:
- Our main objective is to focus on our customers. We believe it's important that every business understand its
natural gas supply options and the associated costs. We also want to deliver needed information as quickly as possible.
- Other considerations we make include: protecting confidential customer information and releasing that information
only when the customer has completed and returned a customer authorization to release information.
Confidential customer information, including usage information, will only be sent to the customer. This information
cannot be sent to a third party. And because it would not be appropriate for other customers to subsidize our
response to individual usage requests, we must recover the cost of providing this information.
If you or your agent have questions while completing these forms, or when making a usage request, please email our Account Management-Support staff. You can also contact your Minnesota Energy Resources Representative.
If you are an agent or marketer wishing to make an intra-day nomination request, please submit the intra-day nomination request form.