Are your energy bills difficult to manage? Don't know how to reduce your energy costs? Let us help. Minnesota Energy Resources offers you a way to reduce energy costs without sacrificing comfort. It's called the 4U2 Program.
How To Participate:
- Determine if you qualify (see information below).
- Mail a completed application with income verification.
How It Works:
- Once your application has been approved, an Energy Advisor with the 4U2 program with call you to schedule an appointment.
- A home evaluation will be completed to identify potential energy improvements and weatherization opportunities to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Minnesota Energy Resources will invest in making your homes more comfortable, safe, and energy efficient. This will help make your energy bills more affordable.
- We will cover the installation costs of every cost-effective energy efficiency measure identified by the audit. If it calls for insulation, we will help get it installed. If your furnace needs a tune up, we will get qualified contractors to tune it up.
- If you rent your home, work with your homeowner to see if you can qualify.
- If cost-effective energy-efficiency measures are identified and installed in your home, a one-time co-pay of $150 may be added to your Minnesota Energy Resources bill.
- The 4U2 program does not assist with paying current energy bills, but helps lower future heating costs, through efficiency improvements.
Qualifications (You Must Meet All Qualifications To Be Eligible):
- You must be the owner or renter of the property (and have the owner's permission filled out); and you must live at the property.
- You must have an active Minnesota Energy Resources account. The primary heating fuel must be natural gas.
- You must be responsible for direct payment of your natural gas bill.
- Mobile homes do not qualify.
- Your total gross household income must fall within the levels outlined in the chart below:
|Family Size||Income Range|
|1||3-Month Income Range: Up to $8,828
Annual Income Range: Up to $35,310
|2||3-Month Income Range: Up to $11,948
Annual Income Range: Up to $47,790
|3||3-Month Income Range: Up to $15,068
Annual Income Range: Up to $60,270
|4||3-Month Income Range: Up to $18,188
Annual Income Range: Up to $72,750
|5||3-Month Income Range: Up to $21,308
Annual Income Range: Up to $85,230
|For each additional member add||3-Month Income Range: Up to $3,120
Annual Income Range: Up to $12,480
These Income Range levels are effective 1/1/2015-12/31/2015.
Please refer to the application form for all program rules, terms and conditions.
How To Apply
Apply for the 4U2 Program today by completing the application form, or call us with questions at 866-872-0052.