Are your energy bills difficult to manage? Don't know how to reduce your energy costs? Let us help. Minnesota Energy Resources offers you a way to reduce energy costs without sacrificing comfort. It's called the 4U2 Program.
How It Works
- Determine if you qualify (see information below).
- Call and schedule a 4U2 In-Home Audit with our Energy Advisor. We'll identify potential energy improvements and weatherization opportunities to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Minnesota Energy Resources will invest up to $5,000 per qualified household to make homes more comfortable, affordable and energy efficient. We will cover the installation costs of every cost-effective measure identified by the audit. If it calls for insulation, we'll install it. Need your windows sealed? We'll caulk and seal them.
- If cost-effective energy efficiency measures are identified and installed in your home, a one-time co-pay of $150 may be added to your bill.
- The 4U2 program does not assist with paying current energy bills, but rather helps lower future heating costs.
Qualifications (you must meet all qualifications to be eligible):
- You must be the owner or renter of the property; and you must live at the property.
- You must be responsible for direct payment of your natural gas bill.
- Your total gross household income must fall within the levels outlined in the chart below:
|Family Size||Income Range|
|1||3-Month Income Range: $5,585 - $8,378
Annual Income Range: $22,341 - $33,510
|2||3-Month Income Range: $7,565 - $11,348
Annual Income Range: $30,261 - $45,390
|3||3-Month Income Range: $9,545 - $14,318
Annual Income Range: $38,181 - $57,270
|4||3-Month Income Range: $11,525 - $17,288
Annual Income Range: $46,101 - $69,150
|5||3-Month Income Range: $13,505 - $20,258
Annual Income Range: $54,021 - $81,030
|6||3-Month Income Range: $15,485 - $23,228
Annual Income Range: $61,941 - $92,910
|7||3-Month Income Range: $17,465 - $26,198
Annual Income Range: $69,861 - $104,790
|8||3-Month Income Range: $19,445 - $29,168
Annual Income Range: $77,781- $116,670
|For each additional member add||3-Month Income Range: $1,980 - $2,970
Annual Income Range: $7,921 - $11,880
These Income Range levels are effective 10/1/12 – 9/30/13.
How To Apply
Apply for the 4U2 Program today by completing the application, or call us with questions at 866-872-0052.