Are your energy bills difficult to manage? Don't know how to reduce your energy costs? Let us help. Minnesota Energy Resources offers you a way to reduce energy costs without sacrificing comfort. It's called the 4U2 Program.
How It Works
- Determine if you qualify (see information below).
- Call and schedule a 4U2 In-Home Audit with our Energy Advisor. We'll identify potential energy improvements and weatherization opportunities to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Minnesota Energy Resources will invest up to $5,000 per qualified household to make homes more comfortable, affordable and energy efficient. We will cover the installation costs of every cost-effective measure identified by the audit. If it calls for insulation, we'll install it. Need your windows sealed? We'll caulk and seal them.
- If cost-effective energy-efficiency measures are identified and installed in your home, a one-time co-pay of $150 may be added to your bill.
- The 4U2 program does not assist with paying current energy bills, but rather helps lower future heating costs.
Qualifications (you must meet all qualifications to be eligible):
- You must be the owner or renter of the property; and you must live at the property.
- You must be responsible for direct payment of your natural gas bill.
- Your total gross household income must fall within the levels outlined in the chart below:
|Family Size||Income Range|
|1||3-Month Income Range: Up to $8,618
Annual Income Range: Up to $34,470
|2||3-Month Income Range: Up to $11,633
Annual Income Range: Up to $46,530
|3||3-Month Income Range: Up to $14,648
Annual Income Range: Up to $58,590
|4||3-Month Income Range: Up to $17,663
Annual Income Range: Up to $70,650
|5||3-Month Income Range: Up to $20,678
Annual Income Range: Up to $82,710
|6||3-Month Income Range: Up to $23,693
Annual Income Range: Up to $94,770
|7||3-Month Income Range: Up to $26,708
Annual Income Range: Up to $106,830
|8||3-Month Income Range: Up to $29,723
Annual Income Range: Up to $118,890
|For each additional member add||3-Month Income Range: Up to $3,015
Annual Income Range: Up to $12,060
These Income Range levels are effective 10/1/13 – 9/30/14.
How To Apply
Apply for the 4U2 Program today by completing the application, or call us with questions at 866-872-0052.