Just like cars, heating systems that are regularly maintained will run more efficiently and last longer. The Heating System Tune-Up Rebate helps you make sure that your heating system is operating at maximum efficiency and can help you avoid expensive repairs.
Minnesota Energy Resources offers a $35 rebate when a professional heating service technician performs a tune-up that includes the following seven services:
- Perform carbon monoxide test and correct any safety issues.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend replacement if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
After the qualifying system is tuned-up, work with your contractor to complete and submit the Heating System Tune-Up Rebate Application.
This program is for existing homes only. New construction is not eligible. Customers are eligible for a tune-up rebate every two years. Work must be completed by a licensed HVAC dealer. "Do it yourself" work is not eligible. Customers who have a service agreement with an HVAC dealer are eligible provided that the service contract is provided with the rebate application.
Funding is limited and can change at any time. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The program application must be received within 60 days of tune-up.
For additional questions on this program, please call us at 866-872-0052.