Just like cars, heating systems that are regularly maintained will run more efficiently and last longer. The Heating System Tune-Up Rebate helps you make sure that your heating system is operating at maximum efficiency and can help you avoid expensive repairs.
Minnesota Energy Resources offers a $35 rebate when a professional heating service technician performs a tune-up that includes the following seven services:
- Perform carbon monoxide test and correct any safety issues.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend replacement if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
After the qualifying system is tuned-up, work with your contractor to complete and submit the Heating System Tune-Up Rebate Application.
This program is for existing homes only. New construction is not eligible. Customers are eligible for a tune-up rebate every two years. Work must be completed by a licensed HVAC dealer. "Do it yourself" work is not eligible. Customers who have a service agreement with an HVAC dealer are eligible provided that the service contract is provided with the rebate application. Rebate cannot exceed the cost of tune-up.
Funding is limited and can change at any time. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The program application must be received within 60 days of tune-up.
For additional questions on this program, please call us at 866-872-0052.