Minnesota Energy Resources offers the Home Energy Excellence Program for builders. As a home buyer, purchasing a Home Energy Excellence home has many benefits to you. These homes were built with energy efficiency in mind and will help you save energy and money for many years.
A home constructed under this program can be recognized in one of two ways:
- Home Energy Excellence Certification - This home meets the energy efficiency guidelines established by Minnesota Energy Resources which are higher than the Minnesota Energy Code.
- Home Energy Excellence Performance Certification - This home exceeds Minnesota Energy Resources' guidelines by being built with a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rating that improved at least 8% over the average MN design HERS rating. Some homes achieve a 10% improvement or more.
If you are looking to purchase a new home, look for a certified Home Energy Excellence new home for a highly energy efficient home. Customers who purchase a new home that participated in the Minnesota Energy Resources Home Energy Excellence Program are not eligible for certain rebates under other rebate programs.
- High efficiency natural gas furnace and water heater
- Programmable set-back thermostat
- Efficiently designed ventilation system
- Compliance with air tightness standards
While it is the home that is certified, builders who have built Home Energy Excellence homes this year are listed below:
- Batzel Builders
- Bigelow Homes LLC
- Bigelow & Lennon Construction LLC
- Brandl Anderson Homes
- Burdick Builders
- Country Joe Homes
- Creative Home Construction
- David Reiland Building Contractors
- DR Horton
- Exclusive Home Builders
- Fieldstone Family Homes
- GBI Homes, Inc.
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester, Inc.
- Homes by Tradition
- Joel Bigelow & Sons
For additional questions on this program, please call us at 866-872-0052.