The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay home heating costs.
- Households who are at or below 60 percent of the state median income are eligible.
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage.
- Households with the lowest income and highest fuel costs receive the highest grants.
- Federally funded through U.S. Department of Human Services.
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners.
- Provide direct payment to the energy supplier.
- Educate consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely.
- Advocate with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of utility customers.
- Crisis help for utility disconnections.
- Emergency heating system repair or replacement.
For information contact your Local County Energy Assistance Program Agency.
Maximum Eligible Income for Program Dates 10/01/2013 to 09/30/2014
The Minnesota Energy Assistance Program uses the past 3 months of household income prior to signing the application and/or last year's federal tax forms for self-employment income for making eligibility determinations.