Are your energy bills difficult to manage? Do you fall just short of qualifying for the Energy Assistance Program? Let us help. Minnesota Energy Resources is committed to making energy efficiency improvements affordable for qualified customers. Energy can be a significant part of your household's budget. Improving your home's efficiency helps save money, but overcoming the up-front cost associated with installing energy-efficient retrofits can be difficult especially if you have limited or fixed incomes. The 4U2 program is designed to help customers who fall just short of qualifying for the Energy Assistance Program or the Weatherization Program. The 4U2 program does not assist with paying current energy bills, but helps lower future heating costs, through efficiency improvements.
All requirements must be met to qualify.
- You must be the owner or renter of the property and you must live at the property. (Please complete owner's permission on application.)
- You must have an active Minnesota Energy Resources account. The primary heating fuel must be natural gas.
- You must be responsible for direct payment of your natural gas bill.
- Your total gross household income must fall within levels outlined in eligibility requirements.
How it works
- Determine if you qualify (see information below).
- Mail a completed application with income verification to:
755 Prior Ave., North, Suite 103B
St. Paul, MN 55104
- Once your application has been approved, an energy advisor with the 4U2 program will call you to schedule an appointment. Wait times for the program may fluctuate based on your location and the time of year.
- A free assessment of your home is conducted to identify cost-effective energy improvements and weatherization opportunities to make your home more energy efficient.
- The program covers the installation costs of cost-effective energy efficiency opportunities identified by the audit.
- If you rent your home, work with your landlord to see if you can qualify.
- If cost-effective energy-efficiency measures are identified and installed in your home, a potential one-time co-pay of $150 may be added to your Minnesota Energy Resources bill.
Renters also are eligible to participate; however, landlords are expected to contribute to the cost of improvements. See the program application for complete details.
Please reference all rebate requirements prior to installation to ensure eligibility.
|For each additional member add
Income range levels are effective 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021.
Apply for the 4U2 program today by completing the application, or call us with questions at 866-872-0052, option 1.
Email us at email@example.com or call 866-872-0052, option 1.