While prescriptive rebates have set rebate amounts and efficiency requirements for specific gas equipment, a custom rebate is tailored to projects not covered by prescriptive rebates. By taking advantage of the Custom Rebate program, you may be able to reduce monthly energy costs and shorten the payback period of your new equipment. Examples of qualifying equipment include:
- High efficiency process equipment
- Efficient heating and water heating systems not covered by a prescriptive rebate
- Heat recovery systems
- Energy management systems (EMS) and controls
- Building envelope improvements
All projects are individually reviewed. Rebates are based on a portion of cost difference between industry practice versus high-efficiency products and practices, and are calculated as the lesser of:
- A buy down to a 1 year payback, or
- $1.00 per therm saved during the first year, or
- Full incremental cost
Pre-approvals are required to participate in the Custom Rebate program. Project-specific information such as equipment type, size, efficiency and cost is required to determine eligibility and incentive amounts. The program administrator may request additional information.
How it works
- Submit application along with copy of proposal and/or cost estimate.
- Obtain pre-approval from Minnesota Energy Resources.
- Complete project.
- Submit copy of project invoices and notification of any changes.
- Receive your rebate check within six weeks of completed project.
Check all rebate requirements on application prior to service to ensure eligibility. We must receive application within 60 days of service.
Funding is limited and can change or end at any time. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need help determining how or if your natural gas project can qualify, contact us.
866-872-0052, option 2
Trade ally tools
Residential and commercial rebates, trade ally tools and incentive programs
Sign up for program updates