We understand that multifamily buildings are unique and that managing operational costs is paramount. This program addresses the specific needs of multifamily building owners. It serves multifamily building types with 5+ units, including low-income housing, 55- and-over senior housing, assisted living, nursing homes, on-campus college housing, townhomes, condominiums and apartments.
- Direct installation of free high-efficiency showerheads, faucet aerators and pipe wrap where appropriate for building operations.
- Identification of additional opportunities for energy savings, including:
- Free assessment of centralized heating systems
- Building operations opportunities, such as boiler control settings
- Flow measurements and diagnosis of central ventilation systems
- A customized energy report with recommendations
- Follow-up assistance with high-value savings opportunities.
- For customers receiving multifamily assessment, enhanced rebate incentives for energy efficiency recommendations that are implemented within nine months of property assessment.
All this at no cost to you. We cover all materials and time, no matter how large your building.
Any multifamily building with five units or more is eligible if it receives natural gas service from Minnesota Energy Resources for central heating and individual or central water heating. This includes low-income housing, 55-and-over senior housing, assisted living, nursing homes, on-campus college housing and apartments. This program does not serve homeless shelters, prisons and jails, hospitals, rehabilitation centers and congregate care facilities, hotels or motels.
How it works
- To get started, complete our online form or call us at 612-244-2450.
- Schedule a building assessment and direct install visit.
- Get help with implementing an energy-saving project, financing and rebates.
- Start enjoying lower utility bills.
Electric utility partnerships
We partnered with electric energy providers in various parts of our service area to provide joint natural gas and electric services to multifamily buildings. In areas served by these electric providers, customers will receive a comprehensive natural gas and electric assessment with complimentary gas and electric direct installations.
866-872-0052, option 2