Regularly maintained heating systems run more efficiently and last longer. Our tuneup rebate helps to keep your heating system operating at maximum efficiency and to avoid expensive repairs.
Rebate and tuneup services
We offer a $35 rebate when a professional heating service technician performs a tuneup that includes these services:
- Perform carbon monoxide test and correct any safety issues.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check pilot/igniter for proper operation. Check flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check furnace air filter condition.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
- Existing homes only. Not for new construction.
- Tuneup rebate available every two years per household.
- Work completed by a licensed HVAC dealer. Do-it-yourself work not eligible.
- HVAC dealer service contract copy submitted with rebate application.
- Rebate cannot exceed tuneup cost.
How it works
- Have a professional heating service technician perform a tuneup that includes the services listed above, in your home.
- Apply and submit a rebate application online or download and mail paper tuneup rebate application along with a copy of a dated invoice.
- Receive your rebate check within six weeks of a completed application request.
Check all rebate requirements on application prior to service to ensure eligibility. We must be receive the application within 60 days of service.
When applying online, have your 15-digit Minnesota Energy Resources account number where service was performed. Have an electronic copy of your original receipt or invoice that includes model and proof of purchase.
Funding is limited and can change or end at any time. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
866-872-0052, option 1
Trade ally tools
Residential and commercial rebates, trade ally tools and incentive programs
Sign up for program updates