Minnesota Energy Resources and Rochester Public Utilities (RPU)
have teamed up to offer Rochester homeowners the Neighborhood Energy Challenge (NEC), a full-service residential energy audit program.
How it works
- Free energy workshop. Our free Saving Energy 101 workshop is mandatory to participate in the program — and a great opportunity to learn new no- or low- cost strategies to stop energy waste, all while visiting with your neighbors. Free child care is provided. Workshop attendees receive complimentary energy-saving light bulbs and outlet insulation gaskets.
- Home visit and materials. The workshop gives you the opportunity to sign up for a home visit to have a skilled energy professional visit your home for an hour and a half to run diagnostic tests such as a blower door test for air leaks, install energy-saving materials and find your home’s best opportunities for saving energy and reducing your energy bills.
- Help with next steps. If the energy auditor finds an opportunity for significant savings through installing additional insulation, attic air sealing or replacing old heating equipment, we can make the next steps easy by connecting you with qualified contractors, financing, incentives and rebates.
Home visit, materials and recommendations are included in one-time $50 fee.
Materials provided may include:
- High-efficiency showerhead
- High-efficiency faucet aerators
- LED bulbs
- Gasket seals
- Safety caps
- Pipe insulation
Sept. 16, 2021 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 20, 2021 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Reserve your spot
Reserve your spot at the workshop by contacting Stacy Boots Camp at 888-734-6365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once registered, you will receive an email link to the virtual event.