We provide a rebate for installing a programmable, Wi-Fi enabled or advanced thermostat. With a programmable thermostat, you reduce natural gas use year after year. Control your energy costs with technologies that have proven to provide comfort and save energy.
Learn how to save with an advanced thermostat.
Advanced thermostat video.
For a limited time only, take advantage of bonus rebates on Wi-Fi enabled and Advanced thermostats.
+ $25 bonus
|Wi-Fi enabled thermostat
+ $25 bonus
|Electronic programmable setback thermostat
* Rebate amount is 50% of total cost, up to maximum rebate amount listed above.
Bonus rebate details
- No special rebate application form is necessary. Bonus will be reflected in the final rebate check.
- Bonus rebates are for qualifying thermostat purchases occurring Sept. 1, 2023, through Dec. 1, 2023.
- Applications must be received by Dec. 15, 2023.
- Bonus offers cannot be combined.
- This offer is valid for Minnesota Energy Resources residential customers only.
- All other program requirements are in effect.
Thermostat must control natural gas-fueled heating systems. Provide complete thermostat model number. Limit of one thermostat rebate per natural gas service address.
Electronic programmable setback thermostat rebate is not intended for new construction. New construction is defined as being built in the past two years. If your home is new construction, visit our new construction rebate page.
How it works
- Purchase and install a qualifying thermostat in your home.
- Apply and submit a rebate application online or download and mail a paper copy along with a copy of a dated invoice.
- Receive your rebate check within six weeks of completed application.
Apply online or Download thermostat rebate application
Check all rebate requirements on application prior to service to ensure eligibility. We must receive application within 60 days of service.
When applying online, have your 15-digit Minnesota Energy Resources account number where equipment was installed. Have an electronic copy of your original receipt or invoice that includes model and proof of purchase. For thermostats, you must have an electronic copy of your UPC code in addition to your receipt or invoice.
Funding is limited and can change or end at any time. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
866-872-0052, option 1
Trade ally tools
Residential and commercial rebates, trade ally tools and incentive programs
Sign up for program updates